Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bigger and better...Library 2.0!

While reading the articles associated with #15 of the 23 Things "Web 2.0, Library 2.0, and the future of libraries", I was struck by the thought that these new philosophies of library science could easily be transferred to commercial, economical, and other aspects of our society. Heavy, eh? I must admit that I find the prospect of the new Web 2.0 to be simultaneously both exhilarating...and a bit daunting. Baby steps, I guess.

I also must note that I continued reading articles beyond the suggested five, and found an interesting quote in the sixth article "A Ripple Effect: A rural school district shows how one new service in 1992 put in motion a steady wave of library support" by George Bishop, Information Center Director, Ovid-Elsie School. Mr. Bishop says..."Quality customer service is another key to success for our library. Our goal is to make the total customer experience satisfying, pleasurable and resulting in an end-product that meets or exceeds their expectations." Kudos, Mr. Bishop...my thoughts exactly.

No comments: